Tenants Landlords Forms
Effective Immediately: Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act (Measure V)
On November 8, 2016, the residents of the City of Mountain View voted to adopt Measure V, also known as the Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act (“CSFRA”), to stabilize rents and provide just cause eviction protections for certain Rental Units in Mountain View. The full text of the CSFRA can be downloaded here: Community Stabilization and Fair Rent Act
- Rent levels and rent increases for Covered Rental Units, built before February 1, 1995 must comply with the CSFRA.
- Covered Rental Units must roll back rent to the Base Rent (the rent in effect on October 19, 2015). For tenancies starting after October 19, 2015, the Base Rent is the rent initially paid by the tenant upon start of tenancy.
- Landlords may apply one Annual General Adjustment ("AGA") rent increase, effective September 1 of each year, with at least 30 days’ advance written notice. In its meeting on May 22, 2017 the Rental Housing Committee set the allowable AGA of Rent at 3.4%, effective September 1, 2017.
- Initial rent for new tenancies can be set at market rate. After the new tenancy begins, Rents can only be increased in accordance with the CSFRA.
- All Covered Rental Units built before April 5, 2017, are subject to the Just Cause termination provisions. Tenancies can only be terminated for any nine of the just cause conditions mentioned in the CSFRA.
If you like to check if your multi-family apartment complex is built before 1995, please click here
Agendas will be posted at least 72 hours in advance.
Monday August 28, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Monday September 11, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Monday October 9, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Monday October 23, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Monday November 6, 2017 at 7 p.m.
Monday December 4, 2017 at 7 p.m.
CFSRA WORKSHOP PRESENTATION
|Contact the Mountain View Rental Housing Helpline.
Call: (650) 282-2514
Walk in Office Hours in City Hall
Every Thursday 12 – 2 PM
1st floor, Front Conference Room
Sign up for our Email
list to receive up to
date information about